Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lessons

This was Tyler's Pic of the Week drawing from last Sunday.  It convicted me to pray harder for my children, especially my son who is really struggling right now.  They are learning something from experience which kills me.  But I also have this sense of peace and confidence that God is so much bigger than this.  Really, they are His kids which He has left in my care for now, which means that He will ultimately provide everything they need to survive each day and live to bring Him glory! They are going to have at an early age an understanding of the presence of God that many do not have yet.  He is working for their good.  If you want to listen to my favorite pastor's sermon about this, listen here: God's 10 Words: Fidelity.  One prayer for my son is that he learning the truth of Proverbs 7:21-23.  This unrepented sin will cost one his life. May he never be that man.
"With much seductive speech she persuades him; 
with her smooth talk she compels him.
All at once he follows her,
as an ox goes to the slaughter,
Or as a stag is caught fast
till an arrow pierces its liver;
as a bird rushes into a snare;
he does not know that it will cost him his life." 
~ Proverbs 7:21-23

No comments: