Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Tree

This is our Thankful tree.  For the past couple of weeks, every day, the kids & I would each write something that we were thankful for and hang it from the tree branches.  It was a great project that we loved doing.  The things ranged from the Packers, to Chloe's imaginary friend Tasha, to heartfelt things like mommy & daddy and Jesus.  And it made a great centerpiece for my table!  I loved talking about what we're thankful for and praising God for those things! 

What am I thankful for? I am thankful for Jesus Christ coming and living a sinless life and then being crucified for my sins so that I might be able come to his Father.  And that he didn't just die on the cross for my sins, but that he was raised and lives today so that I might have a relationship with him.

Am I thankful for other things, like my husband, my kids, my family, my house, etc, etc, etc...?  Of course I am! But without Him, nothing else matters.  Without Him, every other good and perfect thing is nothing. Because "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: