Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Bee & the Birthday

 Last week was Hannah's 7th birthday!  We had an awesome weekend celebrating God's awesome gift of Hannah!  We are so blessed that He choose us to be Hannah's parents.  Hannah is a loving, generous girl.  It is often the case where Hannah steps up and offers something kind to her brother or sister.  She gives up her stuff out of love for others.  She is always drawing me a picture or making me a project.  Her growth in her journey with her Savior has been amazing to watch this year.  Her prayers are open & honest & refreshing.  It is an honor to raise her for the Lord.
 We went out to eat for her birthday and had a great time.  We spent the weekend playing with friends & family doing a ton of things. 
 And then there is this bee.  On Thursday Tyler called me at work, from school.  He said, "Mom I won a bee" I said "huh?"  He told me that it was too big for the bus & I needed to come & pick it up.  ok.  So after school we went to get his bee without knowing what exactly I was picking up.  It was hard to get it in the van!
He can't wait to hang it from his ceiling.  Huh?  But honestly, I am so proud of him.  He won it for scoring 60 correct math problems in 90 seconds.  The first person in the class to accomplish this goal won the bee.  They have been working at it daily for a couple of weeks and he practiced & tried so hard.  He is proud of his accomplishment & so am I.  God has blessed our Tyler with the ability to do some math skills!  And with a giant bee...

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hehe! That's quite the bee!