Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Date & a New Desk


I am so excited to have a new desk at work!! I needed one so bad and I finally got one. I talked to Grandma about using some of the memorial money given to the church from when Grandpa passed away. She said to go ahead with it, so I did. So know I have an amazing new desk and I every time I go to work I can a daily reminder about how special Grandpa was to us. I also got great news that I will be getting a new computer also. The things that excite old people!


Jon and I got to go out on a date this past Saturday night! WOW! We went to the County Market Christmas Party while super Aunt Tracey watched the kids for us. It was a great time and we had lots of fun dancing. It is always a little different because it seems as if everyone is either older than us or in high school. But I did get to take the centerpiece home - even though I didn't win it. Although, I was at a table with Jon, Bill R. & Tom G. None of them wanted it I guess. And I think that I need to have Tracey babysit more often. Are you sitting down? Because the kids ASKED to go to bed at about 8pm. They actually shut off their movie and told Tracey they were tired and asked if they could go to bed. WHAT!!!!!????? MY KIDS???!!! Tracey must have a special touch. Thanks Tracey!

1 comment:

jules said...

Good for you having a date night. That's very important. And, kids are always better for other people. Just be glad it isn't the other way around, you would never get a sitter.