Friday, July 1, 2011

Our 11th Anniversary

11 years ago today I married the man that God created and put on this earth for me.  God doesn't make mistakes.  With all that we've been through, with everything that has/is happening, I wouldn't take any of it back.  I may have done some things differently, but I even if I knew these things were going to happen, I would still choose to do it all over again.  11 years ago I married the man that means to world to me.  The man who has looked into my eyes and shared over half of my life with me.

The man the rides the carousel with his little girl.

The man that goes to games with his kids.

The man that loves enough to go find, dig up, and transplant this little tree the night before the first day of school just so that I can have a school tree to take pictures by.

The man who carves pumpkins with his kids, and will be the one to reach in and get the icky stuff out for them.
The man there to pull out the loose teeth, get our slivers, and pull off woodticks because it makes me cringe to even think about it.
The man who is brave enough to take us all ice fishing, and doesn't get mad when the poles, scoopers & whatever else are lost down the holes forever.

The man whose children adore him and love their daddy.
The man who will sit in the rain to watch the fireworks just to see the joy on his children's faces.

Even if you have lost faith, I haven't.  That man exists, I know him and I love him.  Although he may seem to be gone forever right now, he's not.  I have faith that God will continue to work in Jon's life and one day, we will all marvel at the glorious power and might of the Father, the only one with the power to save.  So my request from you, is that you pray for my husband on this special day.  For while he is a sinner, Christ died for him - just like he did for you.

Matthew 19:6 "So they are no longer two but one flesh.  What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."

1 comment:

Angie said...

Blessings on your anniversary. You and Jon are in my prayers