Thursday, August 25, 2011

For This We Have Jesus




Guess What?!  I keep searching for love in all of the wrong places.  When will I ever learn that I am accepted and loved by the one and only one that matters?  I am loved by God.  I don't deserve it.  I can't earn it.  It's a gift of grace and mercy.  I make mistakes.  I am the chief sinner!  I don't trust God and I search out answers from all of the wrong places.  My heart, my actions, my thoughts...any that are not on God, are sin.  And as a dear friend said... for this we have Jesus.  For your mistakes you have Jesus, for my mistakes I have Jesus, the little ones and the big ones - we have Jesus!  God knows it all, and he loves me anyway.  I need Jesus everyday.  Only a fool refuses to recognize that need.  The question is will I accept what he's holding out for me to take: His love, grace & forgiveness?  On a daily basis - will I confess and repent - will I need Jesus? YES!   I need Jesus!  For eternal life - you need Jesus.  Today, do you accept your need and embrace it or will you take continue to deny it and choose death? No matter what you've done, he's waiting for you because he loves you anyway.

See now, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
For Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground
Yes then, I turned away with a smile on my face
With sin in my heart tried to bury your grace
And then alone in the night, I still called out for You
So ashamed of my life, my life, my life
BUT YOU LOVED ME ANYWAY

No comments: