Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Eggs


The kids & I did our Easter eggs on Sunday afternoon.  It was over and done with so fast - they have no patience to let them sit in the dye for than 1 minute.  And they each only had 4 eggs to do.  What is a person to do with even 12 hard boiled eggs!?  Maybe I'll make deviled eggs for Easter Sunday!


Chloe was the most entertaining of them all - I bet you couldn't have guessed that one! She would put her egg up high and literally drop it into the dye to see how big of a splash it made.  (picture one)  I was not so crazy about that.  Then she would keep tasting the dye!  EEEWWW!  An egg flavored mix of vinegar, water & dye.  And every time - she didn't like the taste.  I think she thought different colors would taste differently.  She kept trying to wipe the taste off her tongue (picture two)

I have a funny side story here...last week Grandma Kapitz asked Chloe if she had any dogs at home (we don't - dogs are not my thing)  and Chloe told her yes, we have dogs, lots of them.  Grandma said Really?  you have lots of dogs??  Where are they??  Chloe said - in the freezer, they are corn dogs and Tyler likes to eat them!!  Oh that girl is too much some days.  I love it!  

And here is a picture of Tyler for those who haven't seen him lately.  His big, toothless grin.  I'm praying that other front one straightens out a bit now that the other front one is out!

Anyways, I pray that each of you has an amazing and blessed Easter.  May you seek out the real meaning of Easter and discover the amazing love that was poured out for you at the cross.  Jesus died for you that you may be saved from the hell you deserve so that you may have eternal life.  Don't reject His gift, but embrace it and find true love, joy and redemption in the only place it can be found - In Christ Alone.

"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the father except through me" ~ John 14:6

2 comments:

gramma said...

AMEN to that!!!!

Joni rae said...

Chloe would never do something like that! :)