Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Camp Forest Springs

This past weekend our friends Matt & Carrie came to visit us. It is always a great time and we never get to get together enough. Jon misses Matt very much :) We got to go out to eat on Saturday night - without kids! My family was super enough to watch them for us. And then on Sunday, after church and then the buffet at Happy Joe's, we went up to Camp Forest Springs for the afternoon. It was fun! Here is Hannah waving to the camera.


This is Jon & Tyler at the top of the hill getting ready to go down. Tyler loved tubing, and so did Hannah. Although Hannah cried the first time. But I think that is my fault. The kids had to ride with an adult, and the first time Hannah was with me. And I think my saying over and over while going down, "oh my gosh, we're gonna die" may have influenced her experience a little bit. That was enough for me. Hannah's favorite part was going up the rope pull. She wanted to keep going up, but didn't want to go back down. I still haven't figured out how she thought could work. Of course a kid would love the rope pull. The adult laid down on the tube & held on to the rope while the kids got to lay on their back and enjoy the ride. Underneath I was trying to balance Hannah on for dear life. She didn't grasp the concept of - hold on to me. don't point at the trees.


Here is the hill from the bottom. This one was the bullet. I didn't try this one at all. Tyler wanted to so bad so he finally convinced Jon to go. I stayed down and took pictures.


We then moved to the kid hill so that they could ride by themselves. They kept walking up the down way. Hannah would eventually give up and wait for Jon to come and get her.


I realized that I never got a picture of Matt & Carrie - but in my defense the camera battery died on me. But I love this picture of them walking with Tyler. Hannah & Tyler love Matt & Carrie. They get so excited and have so much fun with them. Thank you for coming guys! And as a side note... Do NOT rent Road to Rodanthe (I think I spelled that right). It is a long, boring movie. Stick to the book! Does that redeem us at all Matt??

No comments: