Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl Party



I think that almost every year since Jon & I have been married we have had a super bowl party. Sometimes they are big and sometimes they are smaller. It's our thing! This year we just had Clayton, Mindy & Ava over. Jon works with Mindy at County Market and her daughter Ava loves to play with Tyler & Hannah. It was a great time! We ordered pizza and just relaxed and watched the game while the kids played. They were a little disappointed with the "3-d" movie preview - but in my opinion - who wasn't? Then we had a great & wild halftime...


Tyler can get kind of aggressive and was doing a little wrestling. He would actually take the girls out. Hannah is used to it, but I think it kind of scared Ava. Ava is about 3 months younger than Hannah.


During the half time show they danced, and danced, and danced. And ran, and ran, and ran. They had a wild time! I found it amazing that Chloe was able to sleep through it. You might notice that my kids are strange dressers. I swear Hannah goes through at least 5 outfits a day. During this time she is wearing a t-shirt and tights. And Tyler is in shorts. But throughout the game we were...in dresses, swimsuits, costumes, naked, tights, ALL red clothes (for the cardinals), pink clothes, jeans, capes and pajamas. It is no wonder she has so much laundry. Because it was all in a pile on the floor and I have to try and figure what is dirty and what isn't.


But in the end, they had so much fun. Hannah was so excited to play with a girl two days in a row! At point of the party, Tyler came up to me and said, "I'm not having much fun playing with just girls." I told him to remember this is how Hannah feels when she is the only girl - which is most of her life on the Poyda side of things. But it was fun and we look forward to next year already!

No comments: