Friday, February 20, 2009

New Countertops

In order to get our house ready to sell we have been making some improvements around the house. We decided to get new counter tops in the kitchen. As you can see below, mine were ugly, had never been attached to the cabinets and didn't come together in the middle right. So when I left home from lunch on Wednesday, this is what the kitchen looked like.

After work on Wednesday the kids and I went to Awana. These are my girls. I teach kindergarten girls. They are so sweet and quiet - usually. It was pajama night. That is my favorite night because that means the kids can go straight to bed when we get home.


This is what my kitchen looked like at about 9pm. I am still finding sawdust everywhere. My Uncle Lorin came to help Jon do the cabinets. Nobody knows home improvement like Lorin! And thank goodness he came to help! We never could have done it without him! THANK YOU LORIN!!


By about 1am we had everything back to normal. Don't those counter tops look amazing! I love them! It has completely transformed my kitchen. I only wonder, why in the world did I not do this 5 years ago? Why did I suffer with the annoying and ugly counter tops for so long. So anyone out there hating their counters - it is so worth the surprisingly small amount of money it takes to replace them - so do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooohh,...they look really nice. Now you just need to put a door on the cupboard in the corner :)
-Tabby

Joni rae said...

woot woh, it looks so much better. I like the beer bottles on the counter :)