Friday, June 26, 2009

Country Fest 2009


Jon & I went to Country Fest in Cadott on Thursday night. Jon gets free VIP tickets from work, so it is the best way to go. Free food (good food), free drinks, real bathrooms, and famous people - sometimes. So the kids spent the night at Grandma's and off we went. We sat in traffic to get there at 3:00pm! It took us 2 hours to go the last 3 miles! There were so many people it was unbelievable. We have gone quite a bit, and never have I seen so many people. We cut out at the start of the last encore - and we still didn't get home to bed until almost 3am! And we both had to work at 8:30am so we are dragging just a little bit. But it was a great time.


Ok - a story. While we were eating a group was literally bumping chairs with us. Jon and I were both thinking, this people just don't fit it. What was with the dresses & Paris Hilton sunglasses? And they sat in the row in front us, down a few people and we didn't think much of it, and neither one of us said anything to each other about what we were both thinking. Then I literally bumped into the girls at the bathroom and the sunglasses were off. And I was like AAAHHH!! They were famous people. Well, famous if you watch any ABC soap operas. Which I sometimes watch All My Children on SoapNet, but I still recognized all of them. I got my pciture taken with "Amanda" from AMC, but I didn't get "Robin" "Elisabeth" & some other guy from General Hospital. They literally were right there all night. But , "Amanda" - the girl above - had a boyfriend with her and it drove me insane all night trying to figure who he was. I knew that I had seen him on TV, but I could not figure what where from. And how to go and ask an obviously famous person "Who are you?" Especially after intially talking to him and her. I couldn't bring myself to go back and ask. It was the first thing I looked up online this morning, And now I am kicking myself for not taking his picture! It was Graham from The Bachelor!!!!! I am so mad at myself for that one! I did take some pictures, but they are not to great to post. Graham was my favorite that season. I have to admit, I was a little star struck last night. Over soap stars????? Yep, I guess so.


Anway, the reason we were there. We saw James Otto, and Rodney Atkins. This is Rodney Atkins. We were in row 5, so the seats were awesome. The view was so much better than my camera gives the perception of. I need a new camera! He was actually probably my favorite act.


The closing act was Taylor Swift! It was pretty good, but much more of a whole production than a great show. But it was still good. There were preteen girls EVERYWHERE! It was kind of cute.


Joni told me to let her know if Taylor really swings her hair a lot. So I thought, I'll keep count. Ok, One, two, three...1,000,005...And then I am amazed that her head is still connected to her body. That girl swings her hair a ridiculus number of times! But it was fun to have a night with Jon and see some great shows.

5 comments:

Suzie Q said...

I'm jelous! You know who will be really jelous is Kiana, taylor Swift is her favorite!!

Rita said...

What a good idea to have a night out together!!I think you and Jon should have at least one "Date" every month. Sounds like you saw a good show too.

Patti said...

Sounds like fun but I don't think I could do the 3 in the morning thing and then go to work.

Anonymous said...

MMM....Graham....did you get a picture of the back of his head at least??
-Tabby

Photos by Julee said...

Sounds like you had a great time. That's awesome. Can't wait to see more pictures.