Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Hospital Stay

Well, Hannah did not get any better for us. We took her in Wednesday morning and her blood sugars were really low since she had not eaten since Sunday night at supper time. And she was very dehydrated. She was still throwing up a lot. They gave us until 2pm to have her improve. She didn't sooo...

She was admitted to the hospital Wednesday afternoon. She is on an IV, and the fluids are definately helping her to improve. This is her at about 9pm. As you can see, she is a little more cheerful. Tyler was very impressed with the big wrapping on her arm to keep the IV under wraps. He was there when the doctor came in to check her over. And he had be right there because he needed to "watch the surgery". The doctor found that pretty funny.

So the poor girl is recovering, and hopefully for good this time! She's got flower girl duty in only a couple of days. Jon & I both had taken vacation for this week so that I could help decorate. Which, I have not been able to do since I have spent it all so far in the hospital. I said I should take back my vacation days and make them sick days. A hospital is no vacation!!

Here she is connected to her machine. She was finally able to stand up on her own tonight. Yeah for small steps! But she should be coming home Thursday. Praise God! We are so thankful that it did not turn out to be something more serious. Jon is staying at the hispital with her tonight (she is a daddy's girl through and through). But I will be back there bright and early so I had better get to bed. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and visits. It means a lot to us!




1 comment:

Connie said...

Good luck to all of you and I hope all your kids feel better real soon.

That's my kind of IV - hooked right into that Mt Dew bottle. :) Of course only I would think that. It's something about that Mt Dew bottle that sucks me right in.

Get well soon