Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hannah's First Day of School


Well, Hannah had her first fay of preschool today. And she loved it...and there was no crying - by me or her!! YEAH!! Although, I wish her teacher all the best because she might have her hands full. In preparation of school we were working on her name, address, etc. We never got past the name because...
"Hannah, what is your last name?"
"I don't know"
"What do we say, Hannah...what?
"Bo-Jangles!"
"No, Hannah, your last name. Not a nickname."
"Bananas!"
"No. What is Tyler's last name?
"Kapitz"
"Daddy's? Mommy's? Chloe's"?
"Kapitz"
"Ok, what is YOUR last name?"
"Bo-Jangles"

We have forever scarred the poor girl with her million and one nicknames. She doesn't even know her real name!!! I guess she didn't say her name was Irene Bo-Jangles.


There has to be a back.


Here we are waiting for her to get off the bus. I don't think Chloe could figure out why we stood at the end of the driveway for 30 minutes.


Here comes the bus!!! It took a long time to get here today. I guess she was on the wrong bus, so a different bus brought her home. We thought it was odd that the bus turned around in mom's driveway! I am so glad that I was not aware of that until AFTER she was home.


There is the big girl! One more funny story...When she sat down to eat her lunch she told mom that they said a "funny prayer" in school before their snack. "It was different than we say". So mom was thinking, "hm, a prayer in public school before eating?? Odd." So Hannah shared with us the "funny prayer" before eating...

"Criss-Cross applesauce, put your hands on your knees"

Oh Hannah! What are we going to do with you!

4 comments:

jules said...

gotta love her!!

Joni rae said...

haha, I cant stop laughing. Hannah Bojangles, I love teaching your kids crazy things. :)

Tabby said...

That's hilarious...the nicknames, the prayer...everything! She is so funny. Now she is going to start saying that little "prayer" at dinner with you guys. You have to thank JOni for the Bojangles thing...she has brainwashed your little girl!

Lynn said...

Ellyn use to be the same way. She went to preschool thinking her name was Ellyn Mae Hemmer Klampit Laska! I can't get enough of your kids - they crack me up!