Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tyler's First Day of School


Today was Tyler's first day of school. And I'm not going to cry...today. It's just a new school, new teacher, new friends. And FIRST GRADE!! My baby is too big! And he only went to the bathroom about 4-5 times between 7 &8!


But first a story...last night I realized that I had no tree to take a first day of school picture by. It's tradition! You have to take the first day of school picture by the same tree every year! Who doesn't do that?!??!!? So mom had a great suggestion, which I ran past Jon at 7pm...on the Monday night before school starts...during the Viking game (which he was watching hoping that Favre would break something). I asked him to go to mom & dad's to find a tree, dig it up, bring it home and plant it in our yard so we would have our own tree for the pictures the next morning.

He just looked at me with a blank stare.
You see, he is a crazy person that never took pictures next to a tree year after year after year. He doesn't understand the tradition!

But, he loves me, so he stopped watching the game and went out to find a tree. Which is in the picture above. What a great guy!

Should I tell him that maybe we should move the tree? Because in the background of all of the pictures is the neighbor's house! Nah, he might chase me with the shovel.

Here are all 3 of the kids. Chloe was not happy.


And of course, to keep with tradition, there has to be a back picture. We lost Chloe, she would stay there anymore. (Grandma - did you see that Hannah is wearing her new dress!)


And then there will be tomorrow. When I cry and leave the school with a racing heart. Do they let parents sit in the parking lot all day watching the school? So that your close when your little girl needs you on HER first day of preschool? She isn't really going is she? We'll see tomorrow if I can let go.

5 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

Oh Kari - I wanted to cry when I read your blog. Those first days are always so hard. They grow up so fast. Good Luck with tomorrow. It is Aubree's first day of kindergarten too so I am sure it won't be any easier over here. (BTW - It is even hard for grandma's too.)

POYDA TREES said...

The tree looks great! Tyler will be fine, its Hannah I'm worried about. We're thinking she will pull a Joni.

Joni rae said...

awww it even makes me sad. Hey come on mom you liked coming to school with me for a whole week! The sad part is that I remember it! haha

Tabby said...

They're both getting so big!! I can't believe Hannah is going to school this year and Tyler is in 1st grade! It makes me think of how fast Bella is going to grow up. I love the front/back pictures by the tree. Jon is such a good husband :)

Suzie Q said...

Wouldnt Joni go out to the bus but not get on it? haha that is funny...I dont think hannah will do that. Chloe maybe, she seems a little more mischevious